MEDPRO™ Short Non-Air Walker Boot for Mild Injury, Heel Pain, Toe Fracture, Post Bunion Surgery etc
Choosing between the right features for your medical boot isn't the most glamorous accessory to choose from, but is very essential in your healing process. So which orthopedic walking boot is best? There are many considerations you must look at before buying the right product for your specific type of injury. Depending on the location or severity of your injury, a tall cast boot may be ideal compared to a short cam boot. Also, an air pump may be an important feature to add to your boot to help with the swelling.
Short vs Tall Walking Boots:
- Usually worn for acute ankle sprains, stress fractures of the lower leg, soft tissue injuries of the lower leg, and stable fractures of the foot or ankle
- Allow support for the immobilization of the leg compared to the short medical boots
- Used post-surgery and provide support, protection, and essentially immobilization of the leg
- Help speed up the healing process and can ease the foot into the stages of bearing more weight after the initial injury.
Mostly used for postoperative foot surgery, metatarsal and digital fractures, and soft tissue trauma of the foot and ankle
- Convenient for not as severe injuries that do not need as much support, avoid irritation of the shin
Aircast vs Non-Air Walking Boots:
Air Pump Feature: Inflates an air bladder to the needed compression for increased stabilization of your injury.
- This extra feature ultimately helps accommodate swelling that occurs during the healing process.
- Swelling can be controlled by using extra compression and elevation.
- The air boot allows you to adjust the level of compression that is pumped into the boot, giving you the ability to choose the comfort level during each phase of your recovery.
- Helps by contouring around the leg and reducing the movement within the boot.
- More expensive, but helps with comfort.
Size: Wide x Length x High
S: 9cm x 25cm x 24cm
M: 10cm x 27cm x 25cm
L: 10cm x 29cm x 25cm
XL: 11cm x 31cm x 26cm
We Also Recommend
MEDPRO™ Carpal Tunnel Hand Wrist & Thumb Brace / Splint Adjustable Velcro Strap
MEDPRO™ Soft Foam Orthopedic Cervical Neck Support Brace for Moderate Neck Pain